Hussein Mohammad Ershad served as head of state for 9 years. During his tenure, some of his contributions to social, political, economic, sports and cultural fields would be illustrated in the history of Bangladesh.
Hussein Muhammad Ershad's 51th best contribution to the country, while in the government-
1. Hussein Muhammad Ershad becoming sub-division in the district: Ershad turned 42 sub-divisions into districts. The number of districts of Bangladesh is 64.
2. Upazila Parishad creation: From November 7, 1982 to November 7, 1983, between 460 Upazila Parishads, the power was decentralized by Hussein Muhammad Ershad.
3. Send a soldier to the peace mission: Ershad highlighted the image of Bangladesh by sending soldiers to UN peacekeeping missions, ignoring the opposition of all political parties.
4. Announcement of Weekly Vacation in Friday: before taking the power of Ershad, Bangladesh also had a weekly holiday on Sunday. He announced Friday the weekly holiday on the hajj 'Zuma prayer's of the poor.
5. State religion declares Islam: Palliboundhu Ershad declared the majority of Muslims in Bangladesh in the state of Islam.
6. Dispatch of the bills of the synagogues and religious institutions: after the acquisition of power, Hussein Muhammad Ershad waived electricity and water bill of all religious institutions, including mosques, temples, churches and pagodas.
7.High Court Bench Expansion: Ershad expanded 6 High Court bench in Rangpur, Jessore, Comilla, Barisal, Sylhet and Chittagong to reach the doorstep of common people.
8. Hill straying tribe: at times, some of the tribal tribes were engaged in anti-state activities in different perspectives. Afterwards they surrendered themselves. Hussein Muhammad Ershad arranged for these surrendered hill tribes to provide special facilities for general forgiveness and rehabilitation.
9. Role of the media: National Press Commission for the media formed Hussein Muhammad Ershad. Apart from this, the National Broadcast Cell was formed by combining radio and television. HM Ershad has backed the regime controlled by the Bangladesh Observer and Chitrali.
10. Trust structure for the media: For the independent management of Dainik Bangla, Bichitra and Bangladesh Times, they formed two trusts called 'Dainik Bangla Trust' and 'Bangladesh Times Trust'.
11. Development of trade union activities: Ershad allowed free trade union activities, determining the collective group-agent and election of trade union.
12. Increasing opportunities for employment abroad: Ershad issued an ordinance to increase the scope of increased employment opportunities and prevent harassment of recruiting agents.
13. Boilers formation: In order to increase employment opportunities abroad, Ershad formed a public limited company named Bangladesh Overseas Employment Limited (Boels).
14. Zakat Fund and Religious Welfare Trust: With the allocation of two corers, the Hindu Dharmakalan Trust and two separate welfare trusts were allocated for each of the Buddhists and Christianity for one million.
15. Construction of houses and clusters: Ershad arranges loan for housing loan in the upazilas and rural areas of the country. During this period, a large number of chunks and homeless people fell under the roof.
16. Increase agricultural credit: Ershad was a peasant-boy today. That is why he is the Palliboundhu.
17. Initiatives to establish industrial level industries: To encourage the establishment of industrial at private level, Ershad has withdrawn the money from 33 jute mills and 25 garments mills and returned them to Bangladeshi owners.
18. Prevention of tree destruction: Ershad encourages the use of coal instead of wood in brick kilns to reduce tree cutting rate. It stopped burying wood in many brick fields.
19. Recruitment of doctors: Ershad appointed 9 doctors, including three experts, in a 31-bed hospital at Upazila level.
20. Construction of health complexes: 333 health complexes have been constructed in 397 upazilas of rural area during Ershad's era.
21. DAI Training: Took 25 thousand DAI training in the country.
22. Primary school building: Ershad started the construction of a primary school for every two kilometer or two thousand people living in the area.
23. Free text-book delivery: Ershad teaches education to be practical, science-based and financially useful. He started distributing free text books for the fifth grade, which was a breakthrough for him.
24. Nationalization of educational institutions: Ershad nationalized 21 colleges. He upgraded 9 colleges to the university.
25. Establishment of Islamic University: Hussein Muhammad Ershad founded the Islamic University.
26. Construction of hostel in the name of Bangabandhu and Ziaur Rahman: Although Dhaka University did not construct a hostel in his own name, Bangabandhu built two hostels in the name of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Ziaur Rahman.
27. Development of road communication system: Hussein Muhammad Ershad developed a road map in the road transport system. The alternative route of Dhaka-Mawa is in progress with Ershad's rule.
28. Road construction: Construction of 8,000 kilometers of paved roads and more than 17,000 kilometers of raw.
29. Construction of the bridge: With the help of China, Ershad built a bridge over Buriganga River. He also constructed small and big 580 bridges. Ershad finalized the feasibility of constructing Meghna and Meghna-Gomti bridges with the help of Japan.
30. Highway development: Ershad built Khulna-Mongla and Comilla-Chandina Bypass road.
31. In exchange for the food program: Ershad introduced food program for work. Under this campaign, he made extensive development of rural roads.
32. Rail communication development: Ershad took 30 engine engines, 1255 freight bogies, and 106 people for the purpose of collecting passenger bogies.
33. Air communication development: For the sake of development of air communication, a company called Private Aircraft Movement Authority was formed. Ershad completed the work of Rajshahi Airport. Ershad extended the Osmani airport to Sylhet. Ershad expanded the runway for speeding up of Boeing at Chittagong Airport. Ershad built a VIP terminal at Shahjalal International Airport.
34. International dialing: During the era of Ershad, Bangladesh was able to make international direct dialing on December 1, 1983.
35. Turn on the electricity production plant: Ershad launched 60 MW power plants in Ashuganj.
36. Rural electricity expansion: Ershad started the electrification process in 126 Upazilas. In two years, the rural electrification board constructed 5 thousand miles of distribution lines.
37. Memorial construction: Mujibnagar built a national memorial.
38. National Memorial in Savar. In short, he completed the National Memorial at Savar.
39. State guest house. Ershad transformed old Ganobhaban into state guest house.
40. Development of Baitul Mukarram: Ershad expanded and beautified the building of the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque.
41. The shrine of the 3 leaders: Ramna has completed the construction of the shrine of the three national leaders.
42. Mirpur and Gulshan: Mirpur and Gulshan municipality were included in the city corporation.
43. Playground: Ershad made three playgrounds in old Dhaka.
44. Construction of bus terminals: To reduce the crowd of Phulbariya central bus terminal, three bus terminals at Tejgaon, Gabtali and Jatrabari were built.
45. Children's Park construction: Ershad built more than 12 children's parks in Dhaka.
46. Traffic Signal: Ershad launched traffic signal to reduce the traffic congestion.
47. Construction of the stadium: Construction of second national stadium and indoor stadium at Mirpur Construction of Army Stadium at Banani.
48. BKSP established: Ershad established the only sports educational institute BKSP of the country. Ershad will be remembered forever in the game world.
49. Urban Development: Ershad improves the city's water and electricity lines. The city provided gas supply. Town Building and Police Headquarters.
50. Construction of DND dam: Ershad saved the capital from the flood by creating Dhaka flood protection dam.